My take on Jaane tu ya Jaane na after rewatching it for the bajillionth time!


I watched this movie as a kid and I loved it. I watched this movie as a teen and I loved it. I've watched this movie as an adult and I've loved it.


But as a kid I just found it cute and, I always thought "wow, college Aisa hota hai!"
As a teen I wished ki kaash mera college Aisa ho! And I always wanted to have that one friend, just like Jai and Aditi who always wanted to spend time with each other, give each other your full attention, never look at anybody else, slowly fall in love and then a happily ever after! ( Tu bole...main bolun montage playing in my life!)


                                     
At that time, I also felt that the most unrealistic and borderline annoying character was Meghna.But as an adult Meghna is the most relatable character to me, because I know that whatever circumstances there maybe, whoever is the person standing in front of you, katna to tumhara hi hai! And this might be a personal thing but her pretending that her parents are in love is also what I relate to a lot!

I don’t remember them fighting as much when me and my brother were really young, maybe because those fights didn’t happen in front of us or we were distracted with our tazos, beyblades and WWF cards to pay attention to them. But now, they happen right in the open for me and my brother to witness. Sometimes I feel the neighbours are a part of this witnessing as well.
And the main fight is about financial crisis in the house, which really prevents me for asking for stuff that’s irrelevant. So their fights are always inconclusive but at least makes me spend less money and maybe helps them out a little. But then this should’ve stopped their fighting, no?

But I think they find reasons to fight whether it be the incessant ringing of dad’s phone, mom’s OCD, the series that we should watch, anything and they fight. And at times when they’re fighting I do find myself involuntarily smiling because I do find that cute. I have no idea how whether it’s because I find their living together for so long and still finding such small things about each other so annoying, or it’s the predictability of the other person knowing what they’re going to do and waiting for them to do it and then getting angry that they actually have done what was expected of them.

Whatever, they maybe fighting about, I've realised that after a year of any relationship,the puppy love dies and what's left is these fights. So never be upset when your parents fight, because that's how desi parents espress love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does a normal day in lockdown look like? Desi Edition

 Waking up with a lot of struggle at noon, hearing your parents scream at you for being an incompetent kid, scrolling through Instagram to d...