Do you think horoscopes are a farce?

There are some people who think horoscopes are bullshit and then there’s a hoard of people who have a career based on astrology. Ranging from palm readers, face readers ( quick flashback of Sima Taparia from Mumbai's astrolger looking at any anybody's photo and saying," Ziddi, Hatti, aivam Swabhimani swabhav ka/ki hai"), kundli readers to tarot card readers and also creepy weird crystal ball ladies. And how can I forget about people like Phoebe i.e tea leaves readers.



I’m ashamed of it but, I maybe a believer in horoscopes because whether they’re true or not, they give you a precap of your life.You remember those times when desi tv serials had a thing called precap where they’d show you what you’re going to witness in tomorrow’s episode. Ah! The good old days. (Can you hear Jaane kahan Dil mil gaye.. playing in your mind right now? Sorry, not sorry ;) )



I think the horoscope is the exact same thing. I feel miserable everyday, I'm one of those people who you may address as 'pessimists'. At the current stage of my life, I've nothing to look up to.But if my horoscope says that it’s going to be a positive day for me, or it’ll be a good day for me to study, if I’m working the boss will be happy with my work, if I’m dating it’s a good day to keep my ego aside and apologise, if I’m single I’ll find the man/woman of dreams today, if I’m an artist luck will be on my side, then I just step out of my house with a little hope in my heart and the thought of what if!




Also, there are days when your horoscope reads that you're going to have an absolutely horrible day. This will force you to expect out-rightly miserable situations - mind of the pessimists! This sort of cushions the blow of ,now, little bumps on the road of your day. And if something good happens to you that day, that just feels like no potholes on the road (no, XD), I meant cherry on the cake.


Although, IMO horoscopes are a farce, but not treating them like one helps.

2 comments:

What does a normal day in lockdown look like? Desi Edition

 Waking up with a lot of struggle at noon, hearing your parents scream at you for being an incompetent kid, scrolling through Instagram to d...